06 September 2010

on being girly...

I was having a phone conversation with a good friend the other day. Amongst the topics of relationships and dating and friendships, she said one thing I never thought anyone would say about me:

"Bec, you are a girly girl."


Really? Me? Girly girl?

Hmmmm...I don't know. Would a "girly girl"....
  • pick horror movies over a romantic comedies?
  • prefer to go a baseball game over a bridal shower?
  • watch Spike TV over Lifetime TV?
  • win NCAA basketball tourney pools?
  • be knowledgeable enough about cars not to get screwed at the mechanics?
  • know more about sports stats than the latest haute courture?
  • choose a beer in a bar over a cosmo in a club?
  • curse like a sailor and be able to make a Marine blush?

Well, you get the point. My preferences/interests don't exactly fall into the realm of "girly girl". Then I was reminded of some inklings that would indeed have me fall in this category...
  • I dye my hair once I see a trace of that "natural lighting process" (current color: dark cherry) and in general am a bit obsessed about my hair.
  • Overall, I care about how I look (including shaping those Colin Ferrel brows).
  • I watch interior decorating shows (not mentioned, but it fits).
  • Our topics of conversation during said phone call.
  • I wear a lot of twirly, girly skirts.
Ok, so maybe...just maybe...I'm a bit of a (gasp) girly girl. Who would have thunk it?

All it really means is that I'll swear at a my bad shuffleboard throw whilst drinking a Guinness in a local watering hole, but I'll be wearing a girly, twirly skirt and look cute whilst doing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment