07 November 2011

three months....

I know y'all have been on the edge of your seat waiting for the three month update of my 2011 birthday wishes.  But let's face it....even if you haven't you're getting it anyway....

2011 Birthday Wishes (original):
  • procure a MacBook - yes, I am asking for one for Christmas.  no, I will not likely get one.  however, these is money from the tax return.... 
  • amp up physical activity - well, I found out where some yoga classes are - now I just need to get off my ass and go to them.  I've also gone on two bike rides (9 & 12 miles) despite not being on a bike in over five years.  of course, the timing would have been better if I discovered the biking in the spring instead of the fall.
  • try to eat better - baby steps!  I have been eating more salads and soup for lunch (a sneaky way for me to get veggies).  but seriously, I love me some chicken wings.
  • attempt to be culinary - now that I'm single again, I've been forced to cook again.  this usually translates as "empty contents of package into bowl, add water and microwave for five minutes".  at least I add veggies.
  • embrace my curls - when my hair was long, I was good at doing this.  however, on Wednesday I got six inches hacked off.  the new style is not conducive to curls (read:  I don't like it curly with this style).
  • beat my brother in "Words with Friends" - 13 August bitches!  sad part is I haven't won since.
  • travel somewhere besides DC & Chicago - rumor has it I might be going to New Orleans in June.  I will go to NOLA dammit!
  • see Wisco Gov. Scott Walker get recalled - this process has started in Wisco.  I know, I got my first volunteer phone call yesterday from United Wisconsin.
  • increase social media knowledge - I'm still a geek. and since it's part of my job, they'll pay for me to go to seminars on this topic.
  • engage in artistic endeavors - I take random pics with my iPhone (I love my iPhone) but that doesn't count.  the winter endeavor is to tile my "east side special" coffee table.
  • continue to promote rjl creative -  this will happen...I know it.  when friends ask if you do freelance and refer their friends to you, that helps.  a lot.
  • become involved with APBT & AmStaff dog rescue/advocacy - similar to yoga classes - I know where events are I just need to get to one.
  • that my mom wins her battle with pancreatic cancer - her last treatment is today!  and she's has limited side effects so this is great...so far so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment