29 July 2011

birthday wishes 2011

soybean wishes & dreams
On Tuesday, I will celebrate my (undisclosed age here) birthday.  And I've learned yet again, it doesn't matter how old you are - your mother will still ask "what do you want for your birthday?"

This year I actually had an answer:  a MacBook.  I think I'm just going to get a check, which undoubtedly will end up going toward something else.

So with that segue, I give you my birthday wishes of 2011:
  • procure a MacBook - did I mention I really want one of these?  
  • amp up physical activity - hashing, boot camp and volleyball are great...but maybe get back into yoga?
  • try to eat better - as an admitted "junk food junkie", sometimes it's a chore to sneak salads in there (because a cheeseburger & tots sounds so much better) even though I actually don't mind salads.
  • attempt to be culinary - stop laughing.  I mean it- I've even considered taking a class.  Damn you Food Network and shows like "Chopped"!
  • embrace my curls - as a friend put it "learn to love the hair you're in!"  I will say this "embracing" makes getting ready in the morning uber-easy.
  • beat my brother in "Words with Friends" - he gets all the good letters, I swear.
  • travel somewhere besides DC & Chicago - love those places, but I also want to explore somewhere new (or revisit Toronto).
  • see Wisco Gov. Scott Walker get recalled - that would be a happy day!
  • increase social media knowledge - I'm a geek.  I like this stuff.
  • engage in artistic endeavors - painting, photography, drawing....I need to be creative at home, even if I'm that way at work too (because it's a different type of creative).
  • continue to promote rjl creative -  this will happen.  Although I'm toying with a name change to "marketing & design" or naming it after Caye with a % of the proceeds going to dog rescues, which leads to....
  • become involved with APBT & AmStaff dog rescue/advocacy - if you've met Cayenne, you understand why.
A few less than last year but this year, most of these "wishes" are actually attainable (2010's playing the bass and world peace, not so much).  The "Words with Friends" one might be kind of tough - does anyone have a portable Scrabble dictionary I can borrow?

1 comment:

  1. on Saturday 13 August, I beat my brother! woo-hoo!
    (must celebrate minor victories....)

    ReplyDelete