02 February 2012

six months in...

I always thought it was cool that my 1/2 birthday fell on Groundhog Day.  This year, Punxsutawney Phil said there would be six more weeks of winter, while Jimmy in Sun Prairie (WI) said it would be an early spring. I'm going with Jimmy because I like his prediction better.  

Since it IS my 1/2 birthday, it's also that time to revisit the good 'ol birthday wishes...and see if any of them actually came true. 
 
2011 Birthday Wishes (original):
  • procure a MacBook - yes, I asked for one for Christmas.  no, I did not get one. tax money is going to other crap. ugh. 
  • amp up physical activity - a friend and I have talked about going to yoga classes - and we downloaded the schedule...now we just need to actually go.  I'm still considering purchasing a bike (Rob would be so proud). and I've signed up for a couple fun runs for charity already.  perhaps I will be ready for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in August?  
  • try to eat better - it's a good theory, if only I could really put it into practice.  the holidays killed me, but I'm hoping to get back on track.
  • attempt to be culinary - ha ha ha ha.  I still define cooking as "empty contents of package into bowl, add water and microwave for five minutes". but pinning recipes to pinterest counts right?
  • embrace my curls - my hair is still short.  as long as it's in this style, curls will not be embraced.  however, if I grow it out for summer, this can be revisited.
  • beat my brother in "Words with Friends" - 13 August bitches!  sad part is I haven't won since...but we haven't really played either.  this is to my advantage, really.
  • travel somewhere besides DC & Chicago - Madison once (but it's still in Wisco).  however, I'm going to St. Louis in March...yippee!!!  and maybe NOLA in June.
  • see Wisco Gov. Scott Walker get recalled - signatures have been collected - over one million - so I guess that makes me one in a million :).  currently they're being analyzed and then we can oust the douchebag out of office (not that I have an opinion about it...)
  • increase social media knowledge - pinterest and instagram ARE social media tools.  seriously, I've continue to read up on trends and increase my employers presence on the interwebs.  go me.
  • engage in artistic endeavors - I did not tile my "east side special" coffee table...but I did this instead. plus, I have a few cool ideas for those wine bottles I now have, and the blank wall by the tv, and....
  • continue to promote rjl creative -  still promoting.  still getting little jobs here and there.  I'd have more time for this if I wasn't actively looking for another full-time job in the process.
  • become involved with APBT & AmStaff dog rescue/advocacy - I know when events are (3rd Annual Bully Bash is 30 March) . must.go.to.an.event.
  • that my mom wins her battle with pancreatic cancer - mom is on an aggressive chemo schedule now :(  however, she remains in good spirits and is resilient as ever (amazingly). 

No comments:

Post a Comment