09 February 2011

freelance?

I think it's really about time to develop/promote my freelance site (and subsequently promote a freelance business). Yes, it is relatively slow at work so I should be working on something, right?

I have the site layout configured in my head; it's just a matter of getting on the interwebs in a cohesive, somewhat "pretty" fashion. I think I've discovered a way add designs and photography without having the upload each piece individually. And thankfully, I have a little above basic knowledge of html, xml and css.

However, the hardest part has been creating the logo. No, I'm not a fan of the current one. You'd think that if I could design logos for others, this would be a piece of cake (or in my case, pie). Nope. Just like in life, it's hardest do to things for yourself. Sadly, I've probably been using this as a crutch for not getting myself out there.

The good news is that I have a few logos created but not unveiled to anyone...yet (but the swirl is involved). The bad news is that I can't seem to escape red and green (my favorite colors), which might explain why I prefer blue and silver at Christmas.

The catch is trying to decide on one, then I won't have any more excuses. Or that's what I'll keep telling myself.


1 comment:

  1. You should definitely do it! And I love the swirl! No day like today, right?:)

    ReplyDelete