02 February 2011

491 again...

I will admit, I have been ripping on my alma mater quite a bit lately (for reasons mentioned in previous posts, but mostly political rhetoric). However, this past Saturday reminded me of the good things about Marquette.

Saturday brought the (almost) annual MU basketball game with the "girls of 491" - or as I'd like to call them - some of the best roommates ever. And as fate would have it, Saturday was National Marquette Day - appropriate, wasn't it? Our seats were "stellar" - 400 section, row W - despite getting them 2.5 months in advance. But we were in the BC, dammit! Plus, Marquette beat then #10 Syracuse. Go Warriors!

Although we only seem to get together for our reunions 2-3 times
per year, it's always a blast. Yes, it's always great to reminisce about our days at MU: drunken stories (including Orioles cups on Wells St.), 90210 viewing parties, Tony-Tony-Tony, Club 742 Upper...to name a few. It's also nice (and sometimes entertaining) to catch up on what's going on with our lives, as phone and e-mail don't always cut. And it's comforting to know that there's always a sounding board for life's trials and tribulations, and the reassurance that you're not the only one who has been in a similar situation.

I wouldn't trad
e the good friends I made at Marquette for the world. Thanks for making my college years memorable, and being there in our "adult" years.

Until the next "girls of 491" reunion...




No comments:

Post a Comment