02 November 2010

three month check-up

Well, it's been three months since my birthday and thus, time to revisit my progress on my birthday wishes 2010. See kids, this is what happens when you publicize things...it holds you accountable.

So without further adieu, here is the update:
  • promote/develop my freelance design "business" (using that term loosely) - I completely revamped Jeanette Hurt's website and the WIUM KDF website, as well as created a logo for a cancer awareness fundraiser (note the shameless plugs). Still a work in progress, but getting closer.
  • a MacBook - I look at the website frequently, but really can't afford to drop the $999. If anyone would like to purchase one for me, it would be much appreciated.
  • take more photographs (those of the artsy, landscape variety) - I pretty much have my camera with me almost all the time, so I actually have been doing it. Whether it good photography, that's questionable but you can judge for yourself here.
  • learn to play bass - I don't think I've even been close to a bass in the past three months.
  • catch up with friends I haven't seen much in the past year - Thanks to the modern miracles of e-mail and facebook, this is being accomplished. Plus, I've actually seen said friends in persons at least once.
  • keep in touch with friends I actually see - I've been good at this one.
  • visit friends in faraway places - specifically those in Florida, Arizona and Connecticut - who I keep promising I'll visit - The ball is rolling to visit Arizona - just need to confirm that the date works for all parties involved. No headway on Florida or Connecticut, but I may be going to Philly for the Cubs/Phils series in June (note: I have friends in Philly & South Jersey).
  • teleportation to see said friends and my nephews more often - I did see the nephews in October, but it was via good, old-fashioned airplane. I may lack the scientific know-how for this teleportation thing.
  • travel internationally without my mom - Not yet.
  • the adapter thingie that allows you to use your iPod in the car - Thanks to a great bf, I got one for my birthday!
  • a Wii Fit - I'm thinking I'd rather have an LCD TV.
  • lose that last 20 lbs - Since I don't own a scale, I probably will never know. But I've been told it looks like I lost weight. Maybe if I start doing that boot camp regularly that nearly killed me on Saturday morning...
  • manage my finances more effectively - I haven't touched my growth savings account since July. For me, this is major progress.
  • actually watch some shows I've DVRed - Ha ha ha...I had to delete some to make room for shows I may or may not get around to watching.
  • become more involved with the K-Family again - Despite the bball incident, I turned in my membership form today.
  • world peace (sorry I had to) - I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.
  • instead of complaining about something, do something to change it - Ok, I still complain...but then I work on changing it.
  • give up diet Dew - Admittedly, I only had this one in my mind as I thought it would be near impossible. However, I have not had one since 17 August. Yay me!

So there you have it...your long-awaited update. If you check back in three months, I may even have a six month update.

No comments:

Post a Comment