09 August 2010

birfday musings

Well, another birfday (or burpday) has come and gone...it was a great one largely due to friends and family.

Thanks to:
  • Mom for calling and singing
  • Dad for calling and attempting to sing, and our 15 minute convo about good beer vs. skunky beer (in case you're wondering, Dad is not a fan of PBR but gives Lakefront's East Side Dark two thumbs up)
  • Bro for calling, even though he reminded me I will always be older than him (gee, thanks..) but in retort, I don't look older than him
  • Joe for calling from NYC...I miss my Joe-baby and yes, you are on my "visit list"
  • Jen & Jeanette for bday lunches
  • Joy for bday dinner and my fabulous college roomies for a Sunday funday at Ale House (how I've missed thee!)
  • Sandbox Pimps for the bday cake & beer (better than it sounds...and the frosting was fantastic!) after vball
  • SoBs for a Bradford Beach Sunday funday
  • everyone who came out to Burnham Bowl on Friday for karaoke and assorted shenanigans
  • all those who posted bday wishes on facebook (holy balls, there were quite a few...)
  • Doug for the "ancient" surprise (even though I still question the validity of that clue) and always being there - I'm happy you're in my life :) (saving the best for last, of course)
And, believe it or not, I've actually made headway on my birthday wish list 2010. Who would have thunk it, right?

No, I haven't mastered the bass or lost 20 lbs in a month. However, I...
  • have caught up with friends I haven't really seen in the past year, and I will stay in touch much better this year (keep me accountable for this, folks)
  • promised Joe (NYC) and Dwayne (AZ) I'd visit them. I guess this means I'll do it, as I'm not one for breaking promises
  • now am the proud owner the adapter so I can play my iPod in my car...and I love it (I mean, where else can I go from Billy Talent to Front 242 to Billy Joel?)
  • contrived a financial plan to actually save money (I'll let you know how that goes)
  • wrote to envelope to send in Kiwanis dues (baby steps, baby steps)
So yeah, I'm another year older...but honestly, I don't feel it or look it. As I embark on my last year of this decade, I'm hopeful and enthusiastic for what the upcoming year will bring. And y'all are welcome to come along for the ride...it looks to be a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment